WADSWORTH, Ill. - Authorities say one person has died and more than three dozen people are injured, including elementary school children, in a school bus rollover in northern Illinois.
Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran Jr. says everyone aboard the bus survived Friday's crash in Wadsworth, 45 miles north of Chicago.
The coroner's office says a male died at the scene but has not provided other details.
Authorities have not elaborated on the extent of the injuries, but officials at two hospitals say they've received patients in good to serious condition.
Television footage from the scene shows the bus on its side, with two mangled cars nearby. Debris was scattered in an adjacent farm field.
The accident happened around 8 a.m. about a mile from Newport Elementary School, which has about 400 students.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution