WADSWORTH, Ill. - Authorities say one person has died and more than three dozen people are injured, including elementary school children, in a school bus rollover in northern Illinois.
Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran Jr. says everyone aboard the bus survived Friday's crash in Wadsworth, 45 miles north of Chicago.
The coroner's office says a male died at the scene but has not provided other details.
Authorities have not elaborated on the extent of the injuries, but officials at two hospitals say they've received patients in good to serious condition.
Television footage from the scene shows the bus on its side, with two mangled cars nearby. Debris was scattered in an adjacent farm field.
The accident happened around 8 a.m. about a mile from Newport Elementary School, which has about 400 students.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say