A 27-year-old Fitchburg man has died following a car accident on McCoy Road Sunday night.
Fitchburg police said the accident happened just before 7 p.m. at the intersection of McCoy and Herman roads. The man was traveling westbound on McCoy Road, crossed the median and hit another vehicle traveling eastbound.
The 27-year-old was taken to the hospital, where he later died. His name is being withheld until family is notified.
The driver of the other vehicle was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants
- Fire-gutted Evansville tavern torn down
- Judge allows 2nd girl's statements in Slender Man case
- Man crashes into fence, faces 4th OWI, officials say
- Officials unable to confirm connection between Beaver Dam disturbances, Madison shooting