A 27-year-old Fitchburg man has died following a car accident on McCoy Road Sunday night.
Fitchburg police said the accident happened just before 7 p.m. at the intersection of McCoy and Herman roads. The man was traveling westbound on McCoy Road, crossed the median and hit another vehicle traveling eastbound.
The 27-year-old was taken to the hospital, where he later died. His name is being withheld until family is notified.
The driver of the other vehicle was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics