A 27-year-old Fitchburg man has died following a car accident on McCoy Road Sunday night.
Fitchburg police said the accident happened just before 7 p.m. at the intersection of McCoy and Herman roads. The man was traveling westbound on McCoy Road, crossed the median and hit another vehicle traveling eastbound.
The 27-year-old was taken to the hospital, where he later died. His name is being withheld until family is notified.
The driver of the other vehicle was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game