A 27-year-old Fitchburg man has died following a car accident on McCoy Road Sunday night.
Fitchburg police said the accident happened just before 7 p.m. at the intersection of McCoy and Herman roads. The man was traveling westbound on McCoy Road, crossed the median and hit another vehicle traveling eastbound.
The 27-year-old was taken to the hospital, where he later died. His name is being withheld until family is notified.
The driver of the other vehicle was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says