DODGEVILLE, Wis. - A 24-year-old Illinois man died in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 18 Monday morning, officials said.
The crash happened on Highway 18 near South Highway Q west of Dodgeville around 11:30 a.m., according to a release.
Sally A. Brownell, 60, of Linden, was traveling westbound in her 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan when her vehicle traveled off the right shoulder, investigators said. She over corrected and lost control of her vehicle that spun into the eastbound lane where it hit a 2009 Toyota Camry being driven by Leander R. Vethanayagamony, 24, of Bolingbrook, Ill.
Both vehicles stopped in the ditch on the south side of Highway 18, according to the release.
Brownell was transported to Upland Hills Health in Dodgeville with serious injuries. Vethanayagamony was pronounced dead at the scene.
Both drivers had to be extricated from the vehicles, officials said. Both drivers had also been wearing their seat belts.
Highway 18 was closed in both directions until around noon and eastbound lanes were closed until about 1:15 p.m., according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release.Highway 18, west of Dodgeville, east of South Highway Q
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program