MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin State Patrol is investigating a fatal crash late Sunday night on U.S. Highway 51 at Ramsey Road near Deforest.
Several agencies were called to the scene at 9:45 p.m. when calls came in that a semi-truck headed north collided with a SUV headed south. Deputies said the semi hit the SUV as the driver of the SUV attempted to turn east onto County Road DM.
Deputies said the passenger of the SUV died at the scene, but Medflight was called to take the driver of the SUV to University of Wisconsin Hospital. There is no word on the driver's condition. The driver of the semi was not injured.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns