MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin State Patrol is investigating a fatal crash late Sunday night on U.S. Highway 51 at Ramsey Road near Deforest.
Several agencies were called to the scene at 9:45 p.m. when calls came in that a semi-truck headed north collided with a SUV headed south. Deputies said the semi hit the SUV as the driver of the SUV attempted to turn east onto County Road DM.
Deputies said the passenger of the SUV died at the scene, but Medflight was called to take the driver of the SUV to University of Wisconsin Hospital. There is no word on the driver's condition. The driver of the semi was not injured.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out