MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin State Patrol is investigating a fatal crash late Sunday night on U.S. Highway 51 at Ramsey Road near Deforest.
Several agencies were called to the scene at 9:45 p.m. when calls came in that a semi-truck headed north collided with a SUV headed south. Deputies said the semi hit the SUV as the driver of the SUV attempted to turn east onto County Road DM.
Deputies said the passenger of the SUV died at the scene, but Medflight was called to take the driver of the SUV to University of Wisconsin Hospital. There is no word on the driver's condition. The driver of the semi was not injured.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game