LA CROSSE, Wis. - The male driver of a car found submerged near Goose Island in La Crosse County has been found safe.
Town of Shelby Police Officer Sean Horton said the driver, whose name had not been released as of Friday, was issued several citations, including failure to report an accident and driving too fast for conditions.
The man told police he was driving at about 10 p.m. when he lost control of the vehicle in the gravel and went off the road. The driver was able to get out of the vehicle and got a ride home, Horton said.
The car had overturned and landed in the water. La Crosse emergency crews were called to the campground at about 6 a.m. Authorities pulled the car out of the water.
Police said officers did not find any evidence of alcohol.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program