BROOKFIELD, Wis. - Packers great Donald Driver surprised several Wisconsin families at a Brookfield Kohl’s on Thursday while the families were there for back-to-school shopping.
The three families were there for a charity event put on by Kohl’s and the Ronald McDonald House, but Driver showed up to give their trip a little something extra. The families spent their $500 shopping trips picking out items alongside the legendary Packers wide receiver.
"We're here today to give these families from the Ronald McDonald House the opportunity to just enjoy," Driver said in a Kohl's promotional video. "These families have been through just so much pain and sorrow, and what we want to do, is we want to take that off."
- Report: Milwaukee County mom drugs slushy, rapes 10-year-old boy
- Madison man arrested for sixth OWI
- Local businesses say Clinton police have ‘harassment type mentality'
- Brodhead police search for man who reportedly threatened to bring gun to work
- Organizers, participants look forward to marathon despite weather concerns
- Man charged in fatal crash, accused of drunk driving