MILWAUKEE - Adam LaRoche hit a three-run homer off Matt Garza in the top of the third inning to give the Washington Nationals a 3-0 win over the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park Monday night.
Anthony Rendon walked with one out in the second, then Jayson Werth singled moving Rendon to third.
LaRoche followed with a long drive to centerfield for his ninth home run of the season.
Garza (4-5) pitched seven innings allowing three runs on five hits and two walks. Garza struck out seven batters.
Gio Gonzalez (4-4) held the Brewers to just three hits in his six innings of work. Gonzalez walked four and struck out five.
Aaron Barrett, Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard each pitched one inning of perfect relief after Gonzalez left the game in the seventh.
Clippard picked up his first save of the season.
Nationals manager Matt Williams was ejected in the middle of the second inning for arguing balls and strikes.
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms
- Influenza cases peaking in Wisconsin