JANESVILLE, Wis. (WISC) - Police are looking for a Beloit man wanted in connection with a shooting that injured a Janesville man Sunday night.
The Janesville Police Department said Anthony Thomas Gibson, 32, is wanted for questioning regarding an investigation into a shooting at 10:34 p.m. on North Washington Street near West Court.
Officers said a 32-year-old man was shot and taken to a hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said Gibson is the primary suspect. He's also wanted by probation and parole authorities, according to a news release.
Anyone with information regarding Gibson's whereabouts, or other information related to the shooting, is asked to call Janesville police at 608-755-3100 or Crime Stoppers at 608-756-3636. Citizens can also download the free “P3 tips” app from the Apple or Google Play stores to submit crime tips anonymously.
Officials said investigators Gibson and the victim knew each other, and the shooting was not random.
- 13-year-old driver taken into custody after 2 police chases
- 24-year-old Baraboo man faces 5th OWI
- Madison Metro bus crashes into light pole on Stoughton Road
- Swift acquittal for former cop charged in Milwaukee shooting
- Assembly approves ban on pre-existing condition exclusion
- Judge to weigh solitary confinement, pepper spray at youth prison