TOWN OF DODGEVILLE, Wis. - An Iowa man who ran into the back of a piece of farm equipment on Highway 151 Monday afternoon died in the crash, Iowa County sheriff’s officials said.
Iowa County emergency officials were notified around 2:30 p.m. of a two-vehicle crash on Highway 151 north of Highway 23 in the town of Dodgeville, according to a release.
The crash involved a 2012 GMC Sierra pickup truck, being driven by 31-year-old Jeffrey J. Kirby, of LeClaire, Iowa, officials said. Kirby was driving north on Highway 151 when he hit the back of a tillage implement that was also going north in the right traffic lane.
The tillage implement was being pulled by a Cat Challenger farm tractor at a reduced speed, according to the release. John J. Spraggon, 30, of Fennimore, was driving the tractor.
When Kirby’s vehicle hit the piece of equipment, his vehicle, the tractor and the tillage equipment skidded into the median of Highway 151, deputies said.
Kirby was pronounced dead at Upland Hills Health. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, according to the release. Spraggon was wearing a seat belt and was not injured.
The crash is still under investigation.
- NASCAR driver Tony Stewart gets stuck in Madison hotel elevator on birthday
- PD: Armed teen robs west Madison gas station
- Teen killed in hunting accident
- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun activated from 10-day DL
- Brewers 1B Eric Thames leaves Cubs game with leg cramping
- Bryant smacks 2 HRs to back Arrieta; Cubs rout Brewers 13-6