TOWN OF DODGEVILLE, Wis. - An Iowa man who ran into the back of a piece of farm equipment on Highway 151 Monday afternoon died in the crash, Iowa County sheriff’s officials said.
Iowa County emergency officials were notified around 2:30 p.m. of a two-vehicle crash on Highway 151 north of Highway 23 in the town of Dodgeville, according to a release.
The crash involved a 2012 GMC Sierra pickup truck, being driven by 31-year-old Jeffrey J. Kirby, of LeClaire, Iowa, officials said. Kirby was driving north on Highway 151 when he hit the back of a tillage implement that was also going north in the right traffic lane.
The tillage implement was being pulled by a Cat Challenger farm tractor at a reduced speed, according to the release. John J. Spraggon, 30, of Fennimore, was driving the tractor.
When Kirby’s vehicle hit the piece of equipment, his vehicle, the tractor and the tillage equipment skidded into the median of Highway 151, deputies said.
Kirby was pronounced dead at Upland Hills Health. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, according to the release. Spraggon was wearing a seat belt and was not injured.
The crash is still under investigation.
- VA police officer sentenced for taking medications
- Silver Alert issued for Delavan man with medical condition
- Madison firefighters get cat out of tree
- Court says Wisconsin Bell discriminated against worker
- Wallet snatched from 70-year-old woman, police say
- Man banned from library found with knife, police say