The CUNA Mutual Foundation announced it is granting $100,000 to the Clean Lakes Alliance. The four-year grant is known as "Renew the Blue," and is intended to increase public activity to improve Madison-area lakes.
CUNA Mutual is a Madison-based insurance company that employs 1,600 people locally.
A news release by CUNA Mutual emphasizes the importance of a business plan included in their grant program, as well as the involvement of stakeholders.
Representatives hope to reduce the phosphorus content by 50 percent in the next 20 years.
CUNA Mutual will present the grant to CLA at an annual summit at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center. The summit will include a report by the CLA on the state of area lakes. Speakers will include Dane County Executive Joe Parisi and heads of the Department of Natural Resources Water Division and Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash