JANESVILLE, Wis. -

A Janesville family is displaced after a fire that started in a wood-burning stove.

Firefighters were called to 112 Surrey Lane on Thursday for a report of residential fire.
The occupants were able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived and reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the stove.

The woman who owned the home was taken to the hospital because of trouble breathing and chest tightness. She later returned to the scene with family members.

Damage is estimated at $60,000 to the home and $15,000 to its contents.

The homeowners are staying with family in town.

112 Surrey Lane