DODGE COUNTY, Wis. - A barn fire closed Highway 33 south of Mayville Saturday night, according to an alert from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
The closure stretched between County Roads P & AY. DOT officials sent the initial closure alert out just after 7:40 p.m.
"Eastbound traffic will travel northbound on County AY to WIS 28, then eastbound on WIS 28 to WIS 175, then southbound WIS 175 to County P, then back to WIS 33," the alert states. "All westbound traffic will alternate this route."
Dodge County officials would not indicate the exact location of the incident, but a dispatchers said a news release on the situation is forthcoming.
The incident was cleared just after 11:45 p.m. Saturday night.
- First responders, hotels team up to provide emergency lodging
- Body found in Interstate Park was missing Oakdale kayaker
- Black Friday Black Business Expo
- Experts predict record turnout for Black Friday
- Edgewater Hotel hosts annual tree-lighting ceremony
- More roadkill on the road? Officials are adjusting to new system