BEVENT, Wis. - Authorities in Marathon County said a van collided head-on with an SUV, killing two people and injuring three others.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said the collision happened Friday afternoon near Bevent, about 20 miles southeast of Wausau.
All lanes of traffic were blocked while a crash-reconstruction team investigated. The lanes have all reopened.
A WAOW-TV report noted that the victims' names haven't been released.
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases