MADISON, Wis. - A $2,500 bonus has been restored for a youth prison guard who was disciplined for dragging a teen inmate across a cell floor.
Kyle Hoff is a guard at the Lincoln Hills School for Boys and Copper Lake School for Girls, which share a campus north of Wausau. The prisons have been under a criminal investigation for nearly three years for prisoner abuse and are the subject of multiple lawsuits, including one over Hoff's conduct.
The Journal Sentinel reports that the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commissions ruled in favor Hoff last month, noting that three managers approved the bonus.
Hoff was originally award the extra money in May. The Department of Corrections rescinded bonuses for Hoff and four other employees in June.
Hoff did not respond to a request for comment.
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot
- Group dedicates 50-year time capsule to mark critical moment in climate history
- Football fans flood Madison for Badger, Wolverine matchup
- Dodge County Sheriff's Office to implement crash reduction strategy
- New $167M Wisconsin wind farm expected to power 25,000 homes
- University of Wisconsin-Superior suspends 25 programs