FITCHBURG, Wis. - A fire that started in an attached garage Monday caused $50,000 in damage to a Fitchburg home, officials said.
Crews responded around 2:10 a.m. to reports of a structure fire on Harley Street and found a working fire on the rear exterior wall of the attached garage, according to a release.
The fire was starting to spread to the rest of the home when crews got there, but they were able to extinguish the fire in less than seven minutes, officials said.
Three occupants, a cat and a dog got out of the house and stayed at a hotel until repairs were made, according to the release.
Investigators said the fire appears to have started in the garage, but the cause is undetermined.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms