FITCHBURG, Wis. - A fire that started in an attached garage Monday caused $50,000 in damage to a Fitchburg home, officials said.
Crews responded around 2:10 a.m. to reports of a structure fire on Harley Street and found a working fire on the rear exterior wall of the attached garage, according to a release.
The fire was starting to spread to the rest of the home when crews got there, but they were able to extinguish the fire in less than seven minutes, officials said.
Three occupants, a cat and a dog got out of the house and stayed at a hotel until repairs were made, according to the release.
Investigators said the fire appears to have started in the garage, but the cause is undetermined.
- 'Curl for a Cure' raises money for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- MPD's 'Good Neighbor Project' aims to redefine neighborhood watch
- Man sought in armed robbery arrested
- Heid Music contributes to local school music programs
- Janesville police seek man, woman in two Walmart theft cases
- Vigil for 4 central Wisconsin shooting victims to be held Sunday