Oregon, WI - On January 4th, Fort Atkinson defended their home floor valiantly in a 60-51 overtime win over Oregon. Since then, Oregon had won three in a row, while the Blackhawks had lost their last three. Fort Atkinson was desperate for a win in Friday's rematch at Oregon. They delivered with a 38-33 win.
Friday's game was a see-saw battle throughout, with teams exchanging the lead throughout the second half. In the fourth quarter, Fort Atkinson took charge, building a five point lead with about five minutes to go.
From there, Oregon couldn't recover. The Panthers had two chances to tie it down three down the stretch, but both shots came up short.
Oregon Falls to 6-5 in the Badger South Conference while Fort Atkinson improves to 4-6.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says