Oregon, WI - On January 4th, Fort Atkinson defended their home floor valiantly in a 60-51 overtime win over Oregon. Since then, Oregon had won three in a row, while the Blackhawks had lost their last three. Fort Atkinson was desperate for a win in Friday's rematch at Oregon. They delivered with a 38-33 win.
Friday's game was a see-saw battle throughout, with teams exchanging the lead throughout the second half. In the fourth quarter, Fort Atkinson took charge, building a five point lead with about five minutes to go.
From there, Oregon couldn't recover. The Panthers had two chances to tie it down three down the stretch, but both shots came up short.
Oregon Falls to 6-5 in the Badger South Conference while Fort Atkinson improves to 4-6.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water