SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. -

No one was injured following a fire that damaged two units at an apartment complex on Sun Prairie's southwest side Monday morning.

Firefighters were called to the complex in the 300 block of South Walker Way shortly before 11:30 a.m. Monday when a citizen reported the fire to a passing police officer.

When they arrived, they found a fire in the middle section of the ten unit building and spreading to other units through the roof.

Firefighters knocked the fire down in 14 minutes, resulting in fire damage in one unit, and smoke damage in two other units. Occupants of the three units are displaced and being assisted by the Red Cross.

Sun Prairie fire officials said the fire was caused by an electrical heater. Damage estimates exceed $150,000.

Firefighters from Blooming Grove, DeForest, Maple Bluff and Cottage Grove assisted at the scene.

MAP