MONROE, Wis. - The Monroe Fire Department stepped in Wednesday afternoon to make sure a little girl didn’t celebrate her 4th birthday without a cake after they responded to her home for a possible stove fire.
Firefighters responded to the 100 block of North 20th Avenue for reports of a possible stove fire, according to a Facebook post.
Crews said there wasn’t a fire, but a burnt electrical smell in the home.
During the investigation, firefighters determined there was a birthday cake in the oven that did not have a chance to finish baking.
Thanks to the Monroe Dairy Queen, the fire department brought the girl a cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to her.
- Officer injured when OWI driver strikes squad car, police say
- 5th person dies from Didion Milling explosion injuries
- Attorneys to meet Monday on youth prison plan after judge orders changes
- UWPD K9 Casey retires after 10 years of service
- Analysis finds lead in 1 in 5 baby food samples
- First alert traffic: NB interstate backed up 12 miles; Drivers delayed 75 minutes