Fire strikes Delavan pub 2nd time in 3 years
Mulligan’s Pub owner reported basement fire Wednesday morning
Several fire departments were called out to Mulligan’s Pub in Delavan Wednesday morning in the 1300 block of Racine Street.
Delavan Assistant Fire Chief Tim O'Neill said the owner of the bar reported fire in the basement.
When firefighters arrived, they blew high-expansion foam, but the floor was compromised in two places, O'Neill said, adding that firefighters were then ordered out as the fire spread to the roof.
The flames caused major damage to the basement and moderate-to-severe damage to everything else, O’Neill said.
Nobody was hurt in the three-alarm fire, O'Neill said.
“We have a lot of employees here and it’s just sad. We’re like a family,” said Samantha Kowalkowski who worked at Mulligan’s.
This was the second Mulligan’s fire in three years.
The pub just opened at the location three months ago.
Ten firefighters were injured March 5, 2010, in a fire at Mulligan's Sports Bar & Grill at 188 Highway 50. The firefighters were hurt when a bucket truck came in contact with power lines obscured by thick smoke.
A bartender told investigators that the 2010 fire started from grease in a kitchen fryer. The building was a total loss.
The Walworth County Sheriff’s Department is investigating what sparked the fire.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.