MADISON, Wis. - A family of three and their pet dog are all OK after a fire Sunday morning on Madison's North side.
Madison Fire Department spokesperson Cynthia Schuster said in a news release firefighters were dispatched to the 800 block of Northland Drive at 11:12 a.m. after the family discovered smoke coming from the basement.
When firefighters arrived, no flames were visible, according to the Fire Department. They found smoke pouring from the rear basement window and extinguished the flames inside.
The Fire Department is investigating the cause of the fire.
- Haunted house clown faces charges in groping incident
- Police: Man faces charges for stealing from unlocked vehicles
- Crash closes portion of interstate near Edgerton
- Most Wisconsin schools meet or exceed expectations in newly-released report cards
- Group encourages people to 'Make Time' by leaving phones behind
- Madison Police Department doesn't get grant to hire additional officers