MADISON, Wis. -

Employees at the Capital Newspapers building at 1901 Fish Hatchery Road were evacuated for about one hour Friday evening after a fire broke out in the building's compressor room.

Approximately 35 people were inside the building when employees noticed smoke coming out from underneath the door of the compressor room. Workers noticed the door was extremely hot and called 911, according to the Madison Fire Department.

Eight fire trucks and an ambulance were sent to the scene, said Bernadette Galvez, a spokeswoman for the Madison Fire Department.

Employees were evacuated for about an hour and were then cleared to go back inside, Galvez said. 

The building has estimated $25,000 in damage. No one was injured.