MADISON, Wis. - The University of Wisconsin-Madison will be open only for essential operations Thursday as a winter storm bears down on southern Wisconsin.
The university said scheduled, in-person final exam meetings will not be held.
Students who have finals scheduled for Thursday are asked to wait for information from their teachers. Instructors have been told to offer alternative final exams or make grade evaluations based on work to date.
Finals are expected to be held as scheduled on Friday and Saturday.
UW-Madison employees who are designated as essential should report to work. Other employees will need to use vacation, personal holiday or compensatory time, or leave without pay. With a supervisor's approval, employees may also work from home or in an alternate location.
Campus is expected to reopen for normal business Friday.
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- State plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Republican bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice