MADISON, Wis. - The Board of Regents for the University of Wisconsin System is looking for a new student representative to replace an outgoing student.
The Board of Regents establishes policies and rules for governing the UW System. The board also deals with budget issues and admission standards.
Student applicants must be at least 18 years old, enrolled at least half-time in a UW school and in good academic standing. They also must be Wisconsin residents and enrolled for the entire two-year term.
Applications can be downloaded at http://1.usa.gov/VQQ2i5.
Completed applications must be submitted to Gov. Scott Walker's office by mail or email by Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Because UW-Madison and UW-Parkside have each been represented on the board recently, applications will not be accepted from either institution.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- State superintendent candidate defends dental work
- Superintendent candidate Humphries proposes new report card
- Beloit high school students head to DC to watch inauguration in person
- Assembly speaker says he'd rather up aid than cut tuition