MADISON, Wis. - The Board of Regents for the University of Wisconsin System is looking for a new student representative to replace an outgoing student.
The Board of Regents establishes policies and rules for governing the UW System. The board also deals with budget issues and admission standards.
Student applicants must be at least 18 years old, enrolled at least half-time in a UW school and in good academic standing. They also must be Wisconsin residents and enrolled for the entire two-year term.
Applications can be downloaded at http://1.usa.gov/VQQ2i5.
Completed applications must be submitted to Gov. Scott Walker's office by mail or email by Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Because UW-Madison and UW-Parkside have each been represented on the board recently, applications will not be accepted from either institution.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Madison College recommends area firm to lease, redevelop downtown campus site
- UW-Madison instructors apologize for border wall exam question
- Study says tax credit has spurred manufacturing job growth
- Janesville schools review safety procedures as students return to class
- UW-Madison students push for Hmong-American studies program