MADISON, Wis. - Madison School Board candidate Wayne Strong has conceded the race to Dean Loumos a week after the spring election.
Strong told News 3 he decided the 278-vote margin was too large to ask for a recount.
Strong thanked his supporters and said the 18,000 votes he received was "nothing to sneeze at." He said he will consider running again for the school board in the future.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Madison College recommends area firm to lease, redevelop downtown campus site
- UW-Madison instructors apologize for border wall exam question
- Study says tax credit has spurred manufacturing job growth
- Janesville schools review safety procedures as students return to class
- UW-Madison students push for Hmong-American studies program