MADISON, Wis. - Madison School Board candidate Wayne Strong has conceded the race to Dean Loumos a week after the spring election.
Strong told News 3 he decided the 278-vote margin was too large to ask for a recount.
Strong thanked his supporters and said the 18,000 votes he received was "nothing to sneeze at." He said he will consider running again for the school board in the future.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- State superintendent candidate defends dental work
- Superintendent candidate Humphries proposes new report card
- Beloit high school students head to DC to watch inauguration in person
- Assembly speaker says he'd rather up aid than cut tuition