GREENVILLE, Wis. - Fox Valley Technical College has received a unique donation: a Boeing 727.
FedEx donated the plane so emergency personnel in training can use it as part of the new partnership between the Outagamie County Regional Airport and Fox Valley Technical College.
WLUK-TV reports the college and airport have been working for about 15 years on acquiring an aircraft to train people locally and from around the country.
The plane will be outfitted with seats and permanently grounded. It will be used for tactical and fire training as well as emergency medical scenarios.
College president Susan May said it's difficult to simulate an airplane-type setting, so the Appleton, Wis.-based institution is grateful for the donation.
A ceremony was held Tuesday at the Outagamie County Regional Airport in Greenville.
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- State superintendent candidate defends dental work
- Superintendent candidate Humphries proposes new report card
- Beloit high school students head to DC to watch inauguration in person
- Assembly speaker says he'd rather up aid than cut tuition
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer