MADISON, Wis. - The state of Madison public schools was the focus of a special For the Record episode taped on May 22, 2013.
In an appearance precipitated by a John Roach column that appeared in April's Madison Magazine, outgoing Madison Teachers, Inc. president Kerry Motoviloff and incoming president Peggy Coyne answer a wide-ranging series of questions about the Madison Metropolitan School District.
Recognizing that public dialogue on public education is as robust as ever but has been seemingly co-opted by business leaders, elected officials, and non-profits, the program is dedicated solely to the ones with the most important perspective of all: Teachers.
The episode is here and will also be seen on WISC-TV on Sunday, May 26, at 10 AM.20275148
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- State superintendent candidate defends dental work
- Superintendent candidate Humphries proposes new report card
- Beloit high school students head to DC to watch inauguration in person
- Assembly speaker says he'd rather up aid than cut tuition
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer