MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was injured Tuesday morning after he was struck by an SUV on the city's east side, police said.
Madison police said the bicyclist told officers he had just come off a bike trail and pushed the button for a walk light to cross Aberg Avenue at 7:30 a.m. The SUV struck the 65-year-old as he entered the roadway.
He suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
The eastbound lanes of Aberg Avenue were closed after the crash.
Police are investigating the crash. No citations had been issued as of Tuesday morning, police said.
- Make your smart home safe, secure
- Neighbors planning action after west side shots fired incident
- Elementary school staff member on leave after physical altercation at school
- Grant provides free Disney theater program for local schools
- Recent school bus crash brings back debate over seat belts on buses
- Madison to host Pokemon Regional Championships