MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was injured Tuesday morning after he was struck by an SUV on the city's east side, police said.
Madison police said the bicyclist told officers he had just come off a bike trail and pushed the button for a walk light to cross Aberg Avenue at 7:30 a.m. The SUV struck the 65-year-old as he entered the roadway.
He suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
The eastbound lanes of Aberg Avenue were closed after the crash.
Police are investigating the crash. No citations had been issued as of Tuesday morning, police said.
- Thieves steal $4,500 from Victoria's Secret in 90 seconds, police say
- Wednesday is Alert Day for southern Wisconsin
- Thieves target academic offices in string of textbooks thefts, officials say
- Conservation group reacts after judge allows high-impact uses at Sauk Prairie rec area
- Driver reverses into trooper vehicle during traffic stop, officials say
- Bicyclist injured in crash with semi, Dodge County officials say