MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was injured Tuesday morning after he was struck by an SUV on the city's east side, police said.
Madison police said the bicyclist told officers he had just come off a bike trail and pushed the button for a walk light to cross Aberg Avenue at 7:30 a.m. The SUV struck the 65-year-old as he entered the roadway.
He suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
The eastbound lanes of Aberg Avenue were closed after the crash.
Police are investigating the crash. No citations had been issued as of Tuesday morning, police said.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks