East side kitchen fire causes $5,000 damage
MFD: pan of oil caught fire on a stove
No one was injured early Tuesday morning after a kitchen fire caused approximately $5,000 in damage to a duplex on Madison's east side.
Firefighters were sent to a home in the 1300 block of South Thompson Drive just after midnight Tuesday.
When firefighters arrived, they found that a pan of oil caught fire on a stove top. A firefighter used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze, while residents of the duplex evacuated the complex.
Firefighters made sure the fire was out and smoke was ventilated out of the home before leaving.
Copyright 2014 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.