MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old Stoughton man was killed Sunday afternoon in a motorcycle crash on Madison's east side.
Madison Fire Department spokesperson Cynthia Schuster said crews were dispatched to the intersection of Cottage Grove Road and Acewood Boulevard at 1:26 p.m. for a report of a vehicle versus motorcycle crash.
Investigators said a 51-year-old Madison man was driving east on Cottage Grove Road with his 57-year-old and attempting to make a left turn onto Acewood Boulevard when the motorcyclist traveling west on Cottage Grove Road struck the passenger side of the car.
The motorcyclist was taken to UW Hospital with traumatic injuries and later died from them. The woman in the car was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- School celebrates 50th birthday for dishwasher who raises money for charity every birthday
- Body cam footage shows Walker's son offering to walk back to governor's mansion
- Amputee designs prosthetic skate for little boy
- Call for Action: Despite millions of dollars in state grants, many still don't have rural internet
- On-campus incidents have UW SAFEwalk calls skyrocketing
- Parisi: Affordable driver's ed program reaches six more school districts