MADISON, Wis. - A minivan struck an east Madison store Thursday afternoon, injuring the driver, officials said.
The Madison Fire Department said a crew responded at 12:17 p.m. to a report of a Dodge minivan hitting the corner of Walgreens on Cottage Grove Road. The crash happened at a low rate of speed.
According to the report, the driver was already out of the vehicle when firefighters arrived. Paramedics checked on the driver, who was taken to a local hospital.
The front doors of the store were considerably damaged from the impact, and the vehicle had front-end damage, fire officials said. Both front airbags deployed.
There were no obvious signs of exterior structural damage to the building. Firefighters breached a part of the interior wall to confirm there were no cracks or significant damage to the concrete beams.
With a tow truck en route, the fire crew applied a product to absorb spilled coolant as a Walgreens store manager began making plans for repairs, the report said.
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg