MADISON, Wis. - A bicyclist was injured Friday night after striking a car on Atwood Avenue.
A 53-year-old man on his bicycle was pedaling on the sidewalk at about 10 p.m. and hit the car as it turned into a driveway, police said.
Ryan Devine, 27, was arrested on suspicion of causing injury by drunken driving and released. Devine told police he stopped and looked both ways before turning.
After the bicycle collided with the car, the biker went over the hood before falling to the ground and suffered bumps and bruises, according to the report.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her