MADISON, Wis. - A bicyclist was injured Friday night after striking a car on Atwood Avenue.
A 53-year-old man on his bicycle was pedaling on the sidewalk at about 10 p.m. and hit the car as it turned into a driveway, police said.
Ryan Devine, 27, was arrested on suspicion of causing injury by drunken driving and released. Devine told police he stopped and looked both ways before turning.
After the bicycle collided with the car, the biker went over the hood before falling to the ground and suffered bumps and bruises, according to the report.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say