These truly are a supreme appetizer that are surprisingly attractive and fun to eat.
Nancy Kaashagen in Cambridge shared this recipe. She said that they have been a huge hit at many parties.
4-5 small diameter zucchini
Filling*2 ounces reduced fat Neufchatel cream cheese 2 ounces blue cheese 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Topping1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half parsley or other fresh herbs for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease a baking sheet. Remove ends of zucchini and cut into 1 inch pieces. Using a small melon baller, scoop out a hole in the center of each piece. (Do not go all the way through to the bottom.) Place on baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and blue cheese. Fill the holes of each zucchini with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10 - 15 minute or until zucchini are tender and cheese is melted.
Place on serving plate and top each zucchini with one-half of a cherry tomato. Garnish with parsley or another green herb.
*Note: Other cheese filling can be substituted. Fill zucchini holes with any shredded cheese of your choice.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 50 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 3 Carbs, gm. 2 Cholesterol, mg. 10 Fiber, gm. 1.0
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested