I love a recipe that is easy to make and also it turns out so good. It has a coffee-cake-type texture but it is good for nibbling any time. Just combine all the cake ingredients in one bowl and mix it up. The bonus is that it is low in fat and calories too!
Cake Ingredients 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons vanilla 1 cup flour 1 cup quick-cooking oats 2 cups peeled and finely grated or chopped zucchini* 1 carton (6 ounces) low fat vanilla yogurt
Topping Ingredients 1/3 cup flour 1/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl combine all cake ingredients. Stir until moistened and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into baking pan.
In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients. Using a pastry blender or knife, cut butter into flour mixture until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over cake batter.
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until set in the middle. Do not over bake.
*Zucchini can be finely chopped in a small food processor.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 120 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 17 Cholesterol, mg.: 30 Fiber, gm.: 0.8
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns