Enjoy a soft moist cake-like brownie with a secret ingredient.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
2 cups finely chopped zucchini*
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 inch pan. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and oil. Beat well. Add cocoa, salt, baking soda, and vanilla and beat well. Add flour and stir to mix. Add zucchini and walnuts and stir to mix. Bake for 17 - 22 minutes or just until set in the middle.
*Note: It is best to use a food processor to finely chop the zucchini.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 5 Protein, gm. 1.5 Carbs, gm. 13 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 0.6
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets