This is as attractive and it is tasty.
- 1-1/4 cups wild rice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup cashews or almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
In a large sauce pan, cook wild rice in boiling salted water for 40 - 50 minutes or until tender. Drain well. In a large bowl, combine rice, cranberries, and onions. Set nuts aside.
In a small bowl or jar, combine dressing ingredients. Cover and shake or mix with hand held blender. Pour over rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, add cashews or other nuts of your choice.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 265 Fat, gm.: 13 Protein, gm.: 5 Carbs, gm.: 33 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.6
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water