This is as attractive and it is tasty.
- 1-1/4 cups wild rice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup cashews or almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
In a large sauce pan, cook wild rice in boiling salted water for 40 - 50 minutes or until tender. Drain well. In a large bowl, combine rice, cranberries, and onions. Set nuts aside.
In a small bowl or jar, combine dressing ingredients. Cover and shake or mix with hand held blender. Pour over rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, add cashews or other nuts of your choice.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 265 Fat, gm.: 13 Protein, gm.: 5 Carbs, gm.: 33 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.6
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving