This is so full of flavor and healthy too!
1 1/4 cup wild rice 6 cups water 2 teaspoons salt 1 cup sliced green onions 6 ounces dried cranberries, (1 1/2 cups) 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup white wine vinegar 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed 2 tablespoons honey 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a large saucepan, combine rice, water, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and gently boil for 45 - 60 minutes or until rice is tender-crisp. Drain well and chill quickly with cold running water.
Drain and place in large mixing bowl. Add onions and cranberries. In a small jar, mix dressing ingredients. Combine with rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Spoon into mixing bowl and add cashews.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 245 Fat, gm. 10 Protein, gm. 4 Carb. gm. 35 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 2.8
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees