The color is beautiful and the flavor is subtle.
1 cup wild rice 1 cup white rice 2 cups fat-free chicken broth 3/4 cup dried apricots, diced 3/4 cup dried cranberries 3/4 cup toasted hazelnuts or any other nut of your choice 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary 1/2 teaspoon allspice salt and pepper to taste
Wash wild rice in a colander. In a large saucepan, cook rice in 3 quarts of boiling salted water for about 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain off any excess liquid. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine white rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and boil gently for 20 minutes or until tender.
In a large bowl, combine wild rice, white rice, dried apricots. dried cranberries, nuts, parsley, butter, rosemary, and allspice. Stir to mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Reheat in microwave just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 270 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 7 Carbs, gm.: 50 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm. 2.7
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field