Choose a variety of fresh fruit and combine it with wild rice. Add a wonderful orange flavored dressing with a hint of nutmeg. Add left-over turkey, chicken, ham, or shrimp for a special luncheon dish.
1 ½ cups cooked wild rice 1 ½ cups cooked brown or white rice 2 medium red apples, cored and diced 1 cup fresh blueberries 1 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks 1 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Dressing 1/2 cup sugar free orange marmalade 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg dash salt
In a large bowl, combine cold wild rice, brown rice, and fruits of your choice. If using raspberries, set aside until ready to serve. Set nuts aside.
In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix dressing with rice and fruits. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. When ready to serve, add delicate fruits such as raspberries and garnish with toasted almonds.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 225 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 4 Carb. gm.: 39 Cholesterol, mg.: 3 Fiber: 3.6
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says