Choose a variety of fresh fruit and combine it with wild rice. Add a wonderful orange flavored dressing with a hint of nutmeg. Add left-over turkey, chicken, ham, or shrimp for a special luncheon dish.
1 ½ cups cooked wild rice 1 ½ cups cooked brown or white rice 2 medium red apples, cored and diced 1 cup fresh blueberries 1 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks 1 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Dressing 1/2 cup sugar free orange marmalade 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg dash salt
In a large bowl, combine cold wild rice, brown rice, and fruits of your choice. If using raspberries, set aside until ready to serve. Set nuts aside.
In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix dressing with rice and fruits. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. When ready to serve, add delicate fruits such as raspberries and garnish with toasted almonds.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 225 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 4 Carb. gm.: 39 Cholesterol, mg.: 3 Fiber: 3.6
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement