This is a healthy make-over of the traditional holiday green bean casserole. In place of canned cream of chicken soup, try my homemade dried soup mix recipe. Combine the homemade condensed soup with the beans and top it with toasted bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs.
2 cans (15 ounces each) cut green beans, drained 1/3 cup home-made Dry Soup Mix for Cream of Chicken Soup* 1/3 cup fat-free milk
1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place green beans in a 2 quart casserole.
Prepare the Dry Soup Mix for Cream of Chicken Soup according to the recipe directions or use 1 can of commercial canned cream of chicken soup. Add soup and milk to the beans. Stir until beans are evenly coated.
In a small non-stick skillet, melt butter. Add bread crumbs and cook over medium heat until toasted to a lightly brown color. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Sprinkle over beans. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 95 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 5 Carbs, gm.: 15 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 1.0
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land