Serve in small pieces as an appetizer. It can also be served in larger pieces as a dinner side dish or as a luncheon main dish.
1 - 9 inch pre-made pie crust* 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 large onion, thinly sliced 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided 4 large Roma tomatoes or any firm tomatoes, thinly sliced olive oil spray seasoned salt (Lawry?s), to taste freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pie shell on baking sheet. Prick with a fork every inch and bake for 5 ? 6 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. In a medium skillet, heat oil and cook onion until translucent. Arrange onions slices on pie crust. Sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese and half of the basil. Arrange tomato slices on top of the cheese. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Top with remaining basil and cheese. Set aside until ready to bake. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slide tart onto a serving place. Slice into pie shaped pieces.
*Note: A pizza crust could be substituted for the pie crust if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 165 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 6 Carbs, gm.: 13 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK