Serve in small pieces as an appetizer. It can also be served in larger pieces as a dinner side dish or as a luncheon main dish.
1 - 9 inch pre-made pie crust* 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 large onion, thinly sliced 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided 4 large Roma tomatoes or any firm tomatoes, thinly sliced olive oil spray seasoned salt (Lawry?s), to taste freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pie shell on baking sheet. Prick with a fork every inch and bake for 5 ? 6 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. In a medium skillet, heat oil and cook onion until translucent. Arrange onions slices on pie crust. Sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese and half of the basil. Arrange tomato slices on top of the cheese. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Top with remaining basil and cheese. Set aside until ready to bake. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slide tart onto a serving place. Slice into pie shaped pieces.
*Note: A pizza crust could be substituted for the pie crust if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 165 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 6 Carbs, gm.: 13 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam