Put this together quickly for a light supper or a super snack.
6 ounces lite firm tofu 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped 2 tablespoons chopped green onions 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro 1/4 cup canned seasoned black beans, drained 1 tablespoon lime juice 1/4 teaspoon cumin 1/4 cup salsa 1 tablespoon hot chili peppers or green chilies, to taste Salt and pepper, to taste 1/2 cup guacamole 8 corn tostada shells
Drain tofu and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. In a medium bowl, combine tofu, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, beans, lime juice, cumin, and salsa. Stir gently to mix. Add peppers or chilies, salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Spread 1 tablespoon guacamole on each tostada shell. Spoon 1/4 cup portion of tofu tomato mixture on top.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 13 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.7
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors