Have you ever dreamed of a great dessert you could eat without any guilt? Try this one and serve it to your guests. It is very attractive, tasty and easy to make.
1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1 teaspoon cornstarch 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves 1 medium peach, peeled and diced 1 cup raspberries, frozen or fresh 6 ounces lite firm tofu, drained 3/4 cup coconut flakes, toasted
In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice and cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch has dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add apricot preserves. Stir until smooth. Add peach and raspberries.
Cut 1 ounce slices of tofu and roll in coconut. Place on a small dessert plate. Spoon the raspberry sauce on top. Sprinkle with additional coconut if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 130 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 23 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.5
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire