Make these ahead and surprise your guests with this special appetizer.
1 pound beef or pork tenderloin 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon turmeric 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon red curry paste 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon lime juice 1/2 cup lite or regular coconut milk 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Cut thin slices of tenderloin into strips 1 inch wide and about 4 inches long. Thread each strip of meat onto a thin wooded skewer. Set aside. In a small food processor, combine cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic, red curry paste, ginger, brown sugar, lime juice and coconut milk. Mix well. Spoon a small amount of mixture over one side of each piece of meat. Add peanut butter to the remaining mixture and blend to mix well. Set aside.
When ready to serve, heat grill to medium hot heat and oil the grates. Wrap ends of skewer in aluminum foil to prevent burning or put a piece of aluminum foil on the front part of the grill. Place skewers on grill and cook until meat is brown on both sides of each piece. It will brown best on the side of the meat without the marinade.
Serve peanut sauce on the side with the meat.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 125 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 18 Carbs, gm.: 2 Cholesterol, mg.: 35 Fiber, gm.: 0.2
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says