This is the perfect way to prepare asparagus ahead of time for a party. You will get rave reviews.
2 pounds fresh asparagus
Marinade 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup rice vinegar 2 tablespoons canola oil 2 teaspoons sugar
Toppings 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped chives
In a medium saucepan or skillet, cook asparagus in boiling salted water until tender crisp. Drain and chill under cold water. Place in zip lock bag.
In a small jar, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and sugar. Cover and shake until well mixed. Pour into bag with asparagus. Close bag and refrigerate for several hours or until ready to serve.
To serve, remove asparagus from marinade. Arrange on serving platter. Top with pecans, grated cheese, roasted red peppers, and chives.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 5 Carbs, gm.: 7 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 3.5
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water