This is the perfect way to prepare asparagus ahead of time for a party. You will get rave reviews.
2 pounds fresh asparagus
Marinade 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup rice vinegar 2 tablespoons canola oil 2 teaspoons sugar
Toppings 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped chives
In a medium saucepan or skillet, cook asparagus in boiling salted water until tender crisp. Drain and chill under cold water. Place in zip lock bag.
In a small jar, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and sugar. Cover and shake until well mixed. Pour into bag with asparagus. Close bag and refrigerate for several hours or until ready to serve.
To serve, remove asparagus from marinade. Arrange on serving platter. Top with pecans, grated cheese, roasted red peppers, and chives.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 5 Carbs, gm.: 7 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 3.5
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field