This is a delightful combination of flavors.
1 cup orange juice 1 tablespoon cornstarch 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon allspice 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup dried mixed diced fruit
Vegetables 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 3 large carrots, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 large sweet onions, chopped 2 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and sliced salt and pepper to taste
In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir until cornstarch is mixed with the juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, cook sweet potatoes and carrots in boiling salted water until tender - about 10 minutes. When done, drain well and set aside.
While potatoes are cooking, melt butter in large non-stick skillet. Cook onions over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add apples and cook just until tender-crisp. Remove from heat. Add cooked potatoes and carrots. Add sauce and stir gently. Heat through, or if dish is made ahead, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 155 Fat, gm. 2 Protein, gm. 2 Carb. gm. 33 Cholesterol, mg. 4 Fiber, gm. 3.3
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn