Jane Swanson of Argyle shared this recipe. Enjoy the colorful combination of meatballs, peppers and pineapple as an appetizer or as a meal served over rice.
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1/2 cup brown sugar 3 tablespoons cornstarch 1/3 cup water 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1? chunks 2 pounds frozen pre-cooked meatballs*
Drain pineapple juice into a measuring cup. Set pineapple chunks aside. Add water to juice as needed to measure 1 cup. Pour into large saucepan. Add vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar to the saucepan. Stir to mix until smooth. Mix cornstarch in water and pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil gently for 1 ? 2 minutes or until thick. Add reserved pineapple chunks, peppers, and meatballs. Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Add additional water if mixture is too thick. Serve warm.
*Note: If meatballs are large, cut them in half. Serve with toothpicks.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 250 Fat, gm. 13 Protein, gm. 15 Carbs, gm. 20 Cholesterol, mg. 50 Fiber, gm. 1.4
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief