If you like your apples soft and sweet, you will love this special apple dessert. The topping makes it different from traditional apple pies and there is no high fat crust.
5 large, peeled apples, cored and sliced (5 cups)* 1/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar 1 egg 3/4 cup flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a deep 9 inch pie pan. Place sliced apples in pan. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples and stir to coat evenly. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and Splenda. Stir to mix. Add egg, flour, salt, and vanilla. Beat to mix well. Stir in nuts. Spoon mixture evenly over apples. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until apples are tender and top is golden brown.
*Note: Use a cooking apple such as McIntosh.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 255 Fat, gm.: 13 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 32 Cholesterol, mg.: 50 Fiber, gm.: 1.8
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them