The lavender flowers add a subtle sweet fragrance to these extra good sugar cookies. The lavender is not essential to the recipe but it does make them special.
(Note that these cookies have no redeeming health benefits but they do taste good!)
1 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1 cup powdered sugar 2/3 cup canola oil 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers, ground or crushed 4-1/4 cups flour 1/4 cup colored sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie baking sheet.
In a large bowl or a large food processor, cream butter, sugar, and powdered sugar until light. Add oil, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, and lavender flowers. Mix well. Add flour and blend well.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Dip in colored sugar, place on cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass. (If dough is too sticky to handle, chill in the refrigerator for an hour.)
Bake for 10-15 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Do not over bake. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 95 Fat, gm.: 1 Protein, gm.: 12 Carbs, gm.: 15 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 5
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls