The lavender flowers add a subtle sweet fragrance to these extra good sugar cookies. The lavender is not essential to the recipe but it does make them special.
(Note that these cookies have no redeeming health benefits but they do taste good!)
1 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1 cup powdered sugar 2/3 cup canola oil 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers, ground or crushed 4-1/4 cups flour 1/4 cup colored sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie baking sheet.
In a large bowl or a large food processor, cream butter, sugar, and powdered sugar until light. Add oil, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, and lavender flowers. Mix well. Add flour and blend well.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Dip in colored sugar, place on cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass. (If dough is too sticky to handle, chill in the refrigerator for an hour.)
Bake for 10-15 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Do not over bake. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 95 Fat, gm.: 1 Protein, gm.: 12 Carbs, gm.: 15 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 5
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two