When strawberries are in season, this salad is a special healthy taste treat. You will love the dressing and the colorful combination of fresh greens, red strawberries and crunchy nuts.
1/4 cup raspberry vinegar 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon honey mustard 1 tablespoon honey 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup canola oil 12 cups fresh spinach or lettuce greens 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
In a pint jar, combine raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey mustard, honey, salt, and oil. Cover and shake to mix well. In a large salad bowl, combine spinach or lettuce greens, feta cheese, strawberries, and walnuts. When ready to serve, add desired amount of dressing and toss to mix well.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 6 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.5
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK