When strawberries are in season, this salad is a special healthy taste treat. You will love the dressing and the colorful combination of fresh greens, red strawberries and crunchy nuts.
1/4 cup raspberry vinegar 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon honey mustard 1 tablespoon honey 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup canola oil 12 cups fresh spinach or lettuce greens 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
In a pint jar, combine raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey mustard, honey, salt, and oil. Cover and shake to mix well. In a large salad bowl, combine spinach or lettuce greens, feta cheese, strawberries, and walnuts. When ready to serve, add desired amount of dressing and toss to mix well.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 6 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.5
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors