Serve this attractive salad with dinner or add grilled meat or poultry for a summer luncheon salad.
1 pint fresh strawberries, cut in half, divided 6 cups leaf lettuce or fresh spinach 1/2 cup chopped pecans or nuts of your choice
Dressing 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar 1 tablespoon lime juice 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream or yogurt 1 teaspoon honey 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 2 large fresh strawberries pinch cinnamon pinch salt 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Set 2 strawberries aside for the dressing. In a large bowl, combine lettuce greens, remaining strawberries, and pecans.
In a small food processor, combine all dressing ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour desired amount of dressing in salad bowl and toss to mix well.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 3.4
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart