Serve this attractive salad with dinner or add grilled meat or poultry for a summer luncheon salad.
1 pint fresh strawberries, cut in half, divided 6 cups leaf lettuce or fresh spinach 1/2 cup chopped pecans or nuts of your choice
Dressing 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar 1 tablespoon lime juice 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream or yogurt 1 teaspoon honey 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 2 large fresh strawberries pinch cinnamon pinch salt 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Set 2 strawberries aside for the dressing. In a large bowl, combine lettuce greens, remaining strawberries, and pecans.
In a small food processor, combine all dressing ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour desired amount of dressing in salad bowl and toss to mix well.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 3.4
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case